Women with oily and acne-prone skin obviously face a lot of issues when it comes to applying makeup on their face. Using certain commercial products often aggravates the situation. But, there are a few best makeup that would be suitable for such skin type. Let us have a look at a few of those DIY makeup hacks here.
Experts Say This Is the Best Makeup for Oily, Acne-Prone Skin
Kaolin Clay Primer
Aloe vera gel
- Firstly, take a mixing bowl and add Kaolin clay and arrowroot powder into it.
- Then add the aloe vera gel into it.
- Now start mixing the ingredients well using a spoon until it turns to a smooth paste.
- Then take a foundation brush and start applying the obtained primer all over your face and neck.
- Leave the applied primer to dry on your face for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Apply this primer cream once per day after cleansing your face and before applying the makeup.
Cocoa Powder And Shea Butter Concealer
Fresh aloe vera gel
- Firstly, take a double boiler and add the emulsifying wax, Shea butter and Argan oil into it.
- Then, heat the ingredients until they melt down completely.
- After that, add the witch hazel and fresh aloe vera gel into the mixture kept in the bowl.
- Now start to whisk the ingredients well using a spoon.,
- Then remove the mixing bowl containing melted mixture from the heat.
- After that, add French clay and zinc oxide into the mixture kept in the bowl.
- Finally, add the cocoa powder into the butter mixture. Adjust the amount of the cocoa powder based on the color tone of your skin and the desired shade you wish for. The color tone of the concealer should be somewhat lighter than the natural tone of your skin to achieve the perfect natural effect on your face.
- Take a small amount of this cream and test it on your skin to ensure the color. Put this concealer cream into an airtight container and store it in a cool place for future use.
- Then start applying this concealer cream all over your face after applying the primer. It helps in achieving the highlighting and contouring effect on your facial skin.
- Use this natural concealer once per day while applying the makeup on your face.
- Reduce the amount of zinc oxide if you have a darker skin tone. Instead, prefer adding more cocoa powder to achieve the appropriate makeup effect.
Cinnamon Powder And Zinc Oxide Foundation With Sunscreen
Any lotion with SPF
- Firstly, take a small mixing bowl and add the Shea butter into it.
- Then start to heat the butter kept in the bowl for a few seconds until it gets melted down completely.
- After that, remove the butter mixture from the heat and place it aside.
- Now add the cinnamon powder, Zinc oxide and cocoa powder into the melted Shea butter mixture.
- Then use a spoon to mix the ingredients thoroughly for a couple of times.
- Finally, add a small amount of any lotion that contains the sunscreen protection effect in it.
- Now again stir the obtained foundation very well until its consistency becomes thin and fine for applying it on your face.
- After that, take a small amount of this foundation and start applying it all over your facial skin and neck evenly using the fingertips. You can also prefer using a brush for applying it to obtain the perfect finishing look on your face.
- Then leave it for a few seconds to dry completely on your face.
- Continue using this foundation on your face every time you apply makeup on your face.
#4. Finishing Powder
Arrowroot Powder And Clay Finishing Powder
Cocoa powder or Nutmeg powder (optional)
Essential oil (optional)
- Bentonite clay
- Kaolin clay
- Green clay
- Or a combination of all the three clay.
- Firstly, take a small mixing bowl and add the arrowroot powder and any clay based on your choice. Prefer adding about 9 tsp of arrowroot powder and 3 tsp of the clay into the mixture.
- Then use a small spoon to stir the ingredients well until it turns to a fine paste.
- Also, prefer adding the cocoa powder or Nutmeg powder if you want to add more color to the finishing powder based on the natural tone of your skin.
- After that, add any essential oil of your choice which would best suit your skin type. If you want to add the essential oil, then prefer adding more arrowroot powder in the mixture.
- Now add the essential oil with the mixture and start mixing the powder well using a spoon.
- After that, use an applicator brush and start applying this finishing powder all over your facial skin and neck.
- Prefer applying this once the applied foundation on your face becomes dry.
- Put the remaining finishing powder mixture into a clean mason jar and store it for future use.
- Continue using the finishing powder to offer a final finishing effect to the makeup applied on your face.
Cornstarch Or Arrowroot Powder Blush
Natural blush powder (any)
Organic cornstarch or Arrowroot powder
1 to 2 tbsp
Blush powder (any):
- Brown color blush– Cocoa powder or Cinnamon powder
- Golden color blush– Turmeric powder
- Red or pink color blush – Hibiscus powder or Beetroot powder
- Firstly, take a small mason jar and add the cornstarch powder or arrowroot powder into it.
- Then add any blush color based natural powder of your choice to the jar.
- Also, adjust the amount of blush powder based on the shade you prefer.
- Mix the ingredients well using a spoon for a couple of times.
- Now use a soft brush and start applying the blush on your face to obtain the perfect makeup look on your face.
- Use this natural blush powder whenever you want to apply makeup on your facial skin.
The post Experts Say This Is the Best Makeup for Oily, Acne-Prone Skin appeared first on Glowpink.